Conservative Friends of India (CF India) sets out to:
- Highlight and celebrate the past, present and future importance, success and contribution of the British Indian community to Britain and its culture;
- Build on the enduring values shared between British Indian communities and the Conservative Party;
- Better engage with the British Indian communities, listen to their views and concerns and advocate these within the Conservative Party;
- Demonstrate the Conservative Party’s commitment to every single British Indian community, family and individual;
- Actively campaign in elections to ensure the election of Conservative Party candidates at local and national level;
- Assist those from British Indian communities to become more involved in voluntary and representative politics;
- Promote greater Indian inward investment to Britain to further our economy and future prosperity;
- Serve as a point of contact for the Conservative Party, for other interested organisations and individuals wanting to gain an insight into British Indian communities and also Anglo-Indian relations.
Did you know? Between 2000 and 2015, UK foreign direct investment (FDI) worth $22.2bn has generated around 138,000 direct jobs in India, which is 7% of the total 1.96 million jobs generated by FDI in India.