Thursday the 13th of September 2018 was a night of firsts, it was the first time that the Conservative Friends of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh joined hands to celebrate the appointment of the first ever Asian Home Secretary, the Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP in Her Majesty’s Government.
This Celebratory dinner was held at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in London and over 350 guests in attendance to celebrate this historic occasion along with the Chairman of the Conservative Party, the Rt. Hon Brandon Lewis MP, the Chief Executive of the Party, Sir Mick Davis, Lord Howard Leigh, Lord Diljit Rana, Vice Chair of the Conservative Party Helen Grant MP, Minister at the Dept of Business, The Hon. Richard Harrington MP, Nusrat Ghani MP, Alan Mak MP, Anne Main MP, Wendy Morton MP, Dr. Sajjad Haider MEP along with other many notable guests.
Dr. Rami Ranger CBE, Co-Chairman of the Conservative Friends of India welcomed the guests and expressed his delight on celebrating jointly with the Conservative Friends of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. He went on say that they were not only celebrating Asian success but also diversity in Great Britain which is accepted, respected and protected by law. He went on to not that the Conservative Party is the Party of natural choice for Asians as the values each share are similar; family support, hard work and enterprise amongst some.
Mr. Zameer Choudrey CBE, Chairman of the Conservative Friends of Pakistan, paid tribute to the Javid family and congratulated his mother and other family members in attendance on this milestone achievement. He expressed the importance of the Conservative Party for the Asian community and also his pride in being a part of the joint celebration.
Mr. Bajloor Rashid MBE, Vice Chairman of the Conservative Friends of Bangladesh also congratulated the Home Secretary and emphasised the success of the Asian community and diversity and harmony within Great Britain.
The Home Secretary, introduced by Cllr. Reena Ranger began by saying that he had been expecting a small celebratory event and was overwhelmed by the number of people in attendance.
The Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, paid tribute to Britain’s Asian communities and their success, he said that although many thought they were attending an event to celebrate his success the event was a joint celebration and was to celebrate the success and hard work of the generation that had come to the UK and through hard work, sacrifice and determination had built a better life for their children. He likened this to “standing on the shoulders of giants” and attributed all of his success to his parents and stressed how Conservative values were the natural values for the Asian community.
The Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP, Chairman of the Conservative Party, was introduced by Dr. Rami Ranger CBE as a leader who led by example, lead from the front and worked tirelessly for the Conservative Party.
The Rt. Hon. Brandon Lewis MP spoke about the high esteem he held for the Home Secretary and the significance of the evening. He spoke of his delight in attending a joint celebration between the Conservative Friends of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. He spoke of his commitment to diversity and working to develop a greater engagement with the Party.
Mr. Richard Harrington MP, Minister for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, introduced the Party Chief Executive Sir Mick Davis to give a ‘Vote of Thanks’.
Sir Mick Davis thanked the organising team behind the event including the caterer Ragamama Ragasaan, the London Cabaret Club and VP Bhangra for the entertainment. Sir Mick mentioned how the event was a great success and how together and united the Party could make Britain great for us all.
Bouquets were presented to Mrs. Javid, the Home Secretary’s mother, and to Mrs. Laura Javid, the Home Secretary’s wife whose birthday was also celebrated on the night, by Mrs. Renu Ranger and Mrs. Rakshanda Choudrey and the loyal toast to Her Majesty the Queen was given by Dr. Atul Pathak OBE.
1. Dr Rami Ranger CBE, Co-Chairman of the Conservative Friends of India giving his welcome address.
2. Mr Zameer Choudrey CBE, Chairman of the Conservative Friends of Pakistan addressing the guests.
3. Mr Bajloor Rashid MBE, Vice Chairman of the Conservative Friends of Bangladesh is congratulating the Home Secretary for his success.
4. Cllr. Reena Ranger introducing the Home Secretay.
5. The Home Secretary, The Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP addressing the guests.
6. The Rt. Hon. Brandon Lewis MP, the Chairman of the Conservative party expressing his delight.
7. Mr Richard Harrington MP, Minister for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is introducing the Party Chief Executive Sir Mick Davis
9. Sir Mick Davis, the Party Chief Executive giving a ‘vote of thanks’.
10. A Loyal Toast to Her Majesty the Queen was raised by Dr Atul Pathak OBE
11. Mrs Rukshanda Choudrey presenting the bouquet to Mrs Laura Javid
12. Mrs Renu Ranger presenting the bouquet to Mrs Javid, the Home Secretary's mother
13. Mrs Laura Javid cutting her surprise birthday cake
14. VP Bhangra dancers entertaining the guests.
15. The London Cabaret Club with their stunning performance.
16. Guests enjoying the evening
17. Dr. Rami Ranger CBE, Mr. Zameer Choudrey CBE, Mr. Bajloor Rashid MBE with The Home Secretary, The Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP
18. Patron Dr. Ravi Gidar and Mrs. Jaskiran Gidar with The Home Secretary, The Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP