Boris Johnson has been Mayor of London for nearly eight years now. He won’t be for long, though. In 104 days, Londoners will decide who to take over when he leaves his post.
It’s an important decision. If you doubt that, then take a short moment to look back at the last eight years. Can you imagine a London without Boris’s leadership?
In 104 days, Londoners will be given the chance to make Zac Goldsmith Mayor of one of the greatest cities in the world. At CF India, we hope they will. At CF India, we don’t only believe that Mr Goldsmith has the personality to follow Boris’s inimitable act — we also believe that he has the policies to continue Boris’s major legacy.
Zac will make London’s streets safer by:
- Protecting neighbourhood police teams and keeping them on the street
- Tackling the root causes of crime in local communities
- Putting more police on public transport at night
All paid for without increasing Mayoral council tax.
Zac will improve London’s living environment by:
- Protecting the green belt from development
- Tackling air pollution with tougher rules on HGVs, and encouraging greener vehicles and safer cycling
- Creating more green spaces and cleaning up local parks so they are safe to visit and enjoy
Zac will improve the capacity and reliability of London’s transport system by:
- Ensuring the Night Tube goes ahead, starting Crossrail 2, and growing the rail network
- Bringing suburban rail services under the Mayor’s control to increase and improve the service
- Protecting the Freedom Pass
Zac will start fixing London’s housing crisis by:
- Doubling home building to 50,000 a year by 2020 and ensuring development is in keeping with the local area
- Giving Londoners the first chance to buy new homes built in London
- Ensuring a significant proportion of all new homes are only for rent and not for sale